Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Should I be seeing a Physiotherapist?
Physiotherapy can be helpful for anyone who ….
- Is experiencing pain or an injury that is impacting their daily life.
- Is preparing for, or has recently had, surgery.
- Is interested in improving their function and physical health.
- Wants to prevent future pain, injury, and/or dysfunction.
Are you still unsure?
Please contact us and a member of our team will be happy to assist you. If you would like to speak to a therapist directly, that team member will help get you into their schedule.
Do I need a Doctor’s referral to start physiotherapy?
The short answer is no, anyone can see a physiotherapist. Some individuals begin physiotherapy following a Doctor’s recommendation, but it is not required.
Are there any exceptions?
Yes, some insurance companies require a Doctor’s referral in order for your physiotherapy or massage therapy to be covered by you benefits. We recommend checking with your insurance provider to better understand your coverage details and amounts before beginning a treatment plan. This can be true for both physiotherapy and massage therapy benefits.
What do your services cost at First Line Physiotherapy?
At First Line Physiotherapy, we understand that your finances play a significant role in choosing where you receive your healthcare. For this reason, we are transparent about our costs and promise that they are both competitive for the area, and provide exceptional value for the quality time you will spend with the professional you choose to work with. This holds true for both physiotherapy and massage therapy services.
- In-Person Physiotherapy Assessment (60 minutes): $95
- In-Person Physiotherapy Follow-Up (30 minutes): $70 *Most Popular*
- In-Person Physiotherapy Session (45 minutes): $95
- In-Person Physiotherapy Session (60 minutes): $115
- Virtual Physiotherapy Assessment (60 minutes): $85
- Virtual Physiotherapy Follow-Up (30 minutes): $60 *Most Popular*
- Virtual Physiotherapy Session (45 minutes): $85
- Custom Physiotherapy Taping (10 minutes): $15
- Massage Therapy Session (30 minutes): $65 + HST
- Massage Therapy Session (45 minutes): $80 + HST *Most Popular*
- Massage Therapy Session (60 minutes): $95 + HST
- Massage Therapy Session (75 minutes): $115 + HST
- Massage Therapy Session (90 minutes): $135 + HST
Do your provide direct billing?
We are able to directly bill for many commonly used insurers. If we cannot, we will make sure to provide you with a paper and/or electronic invoice, so that you have everything you need to be compensated for your treatments. Our list of insurers for whom we can direct bill is consistently growing. We will do our best to add your provider to that list.
Is physiotherapy covered by OHIP?
No, as a private health care clinic, our services are not covered by OHIP. Many of our clients pay privately, with extended health benefits, or a combination of both for physiotherapy and massage therapy services.
We recommend checking with your insurance company regarding any benefits you might have. Many people have extended health benefits that include Physiotherapy and Massage Therapy services and don’t realize they have yearly coverage.
Also, we are able to directly bill many commonly used insurers. If we cannot, we will make sure to provide you with a paper and/or electronic invoice, so that you have everything you need to be compensated for your treatments.
How do I get started?
With our online booking system, booking an appointment has never been easier. In just a few clicks, you can choose your discipline, therapist, and the exact day & time that work with your busy schedule. Soonafter, you will be contacted by a member of our team to discuss more details.
Our consent and intake forms will be sent digitally and can be easily completed online to save you time when you get to the clinic.
No computer? No email? No problem.
All forms can also be completed on paper at the clinic prior to your first appointment.
How should I prepare for my session?
Before your session
- Be sure to fill out all forms that had been sent to you prior to arriving at your first session.
- If you are interested in direct billing, prepare and bring your benefits card and a piece of I.D.
- If you have been referred by a Doctor, be sure to bring your referral.
- Contact us if you have any questions or require any unique accomodations for your session.
At your session
- Be sure to dress in comfortable clothing, prepared to do movements and basic exercises. For example, if you are coming in for something involving a shoulder, a tank top might be easiest. For any lower body issue, shorts are preferred.
- Be open with your therapist and ask questions as they arise. Our team is passionate about helping you better understand your injury.
What will happen when I arrive at the clinic?
Due to COVID-19 protocols, we ask that you arrive within 5 minutes of your scheduled appointment time. Afterwards, you will be greeted by a team member at the clinic entrance. You will then be called in by the professional who you are working with. Together, you will work on-on-one with your therapist for the entirety of your appointment. In an initial visit, the focus will be on determining a diagnosis and establishing a care plan. In subsequent visits, the focus will be on progressing treatment to help you reach your goals. You are encouraged to ask questions to all team members any time one might arise.